This article demonstrates how to establish a connection between FTP and Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 3 minutes
- Any File Transfer Platform account. E.g., Files.com in this case.
To connect your FTP account with Quickwork, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork, click on the Simple Action button under the Steps section, and choose the FTP app from the Apps list. There are no triggers for this app.
- Choose an action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a new connection.
- The Connect to FTP window will pop up containing the input fields such as Hostname, Port, Username, and Password:
- Now, sign in to Files.com. If you don't have an account, create a new one. Specify the details and start your 7-day free trial:
- As soon as you sign up successfully, you'll be redirected to the Files window. Now, to get the required credentials to connect FTP with Quickwork, click the Settings tab on the left-hand side panel. You'll get the hostname under the Custom subdomain section:
- Copy this subdomain, return to Quickwork, and paste it under the Hostname field in the Connect to FTP window.
Note: Make a note of the subdomain. Files.com asks for the subdomain whenever a user tries to log in to his/her account.
- Then, specify 21 in the Port field. This is a default port number accessible to all Files.com users worldwide.
- Select Yes in the Is secure field. By default, Files.com generates SSL certificates for security.
- Specify the username and password using which you had logged in to the Files.com account, in the Username and Password field, respectively:
- Now, click the Link account button. Your FTP account will get connected successfully.
Please sign in to leave a comment.