This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of Shopify (Private App) with Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 5 minutes
- Shopify account with a shop created in it
- At least one app installed
- Scopes selection for Admin and Storefront API access token
To connect your Shopify (Private App) account with Quickwork, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork and choose the Shopify (Private App) app from the App drop-down field under Event or Steps section.
- Choose a trigger or an action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to Shopify (Private App) window will pop up asking you to enter the Shop name, API key, and Admin API acces token, and Storefront API access token of your Shopify (Private App) account:
- Specify the name of your shop in the Shop name field. For example, if your Shopify account URL is http://demoshop123.myshopify.com then demoshop123 is your shop name.
- To get all the required tokens, it is mandatory to create and publish an app in Shopify.
- To do so, log in to your Shopify account and click the Apps option on the left navigation bar. Then click the Develop apps button:
- If you are creating an app for the first time, you'll get consecutive windows to access the permission. If not, you'll get the Create a custom app window directly as shown here:
- Click the Create an app button. Give a name to your app and click the Create app button:
- The app gets created but it is not installed yet. To install the app and get the tokens, we need to select all the API access scopes. Click the Configure Admin API scopes button under the Overview tab:
- Select all the API access scopes and click the Save button:
Note: There are 62 admin scopes. It is manadatory to select all else you'll face errors while establishing the connection.
- Once saved successfully, the Install app button on the top-right corner of the screen gets enabled. Click it to publish the app.
- You'll be auto-redirected to the API credentials tab where you can see the Admin API access token and API key:
- Copy the API key and Admin API access token and paste them in the respective fields of the Connect to Shopify (Private App) window.
Note: You can view the Admin API access token only once. Copy and save it for future use.
- To get the Storefront API access token, we need to select all the Storefront API scopes.
- To do so, go back to the Configuration tab and scroll down to the Storefront API integration section:
- Select all the Storefront API access scopes and click the Save button:
- Now switch to the API credentials tab. You'll get the Storefront API access token of your account:
- Copy the key and paste it in the relevant field of the Connect to Shopify (Private App) window:
- Click the Link account button. Your Shopify (Private App) will get connected with Quickwork successfully.
Please sign in to leave a comment.