This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of Google Chat with Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 3 minutes
- Google Chat account
- Google Cloud Console account
How to establish a connection with Google Chat
To connect your Google Chat account with Quickwork, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork and choose the Google Chat app from the App drop-down field under the Steps or Event section.
- Choose a trigger or action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to Google Chat window will pop up asking you to enter the Client Email, Private Key, and the Project Id of your account:
- To get these details, log in to your Google Cloud Console. From the navigation menu on the left, select IAM & Admin:
- From the IAM & Admin navigation menu on the left, select Service Accounts:
- From the list of your available service accounts, select the one you wish to use. Click on the verticle ellipses under the Actions section and select Create Key:
- The Create Private Key window will pop up asking you to select a key type from the options JSON and P12. Select JSON and click on Create:
- The private key will be saved to your computer at the location you choose. You will see the following confirmation pop-up:
- Open the downloaded private key file using a text editor. Copy and paste the Client Email, Private Key and Project Id into the respective fields in the pop-up window in Quickwork:
- Once all the input fields have been specified, click the Link account button. Your Google Chat account will get connected successfully.