This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of Google Custom Search with Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 3 minutes
- Google account
- At least one custom search engine
To connect your Google Custom Search account with Quickwork, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork and choose the Google Custom Search app from the App drop-down field under the Steps section.
- Choose an action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to Google Custom Search window will pop-up asking you to enter the Search engine ID and API key of the Google Custom Search service:
- To get these credentials, log in to your Google account and visit https://cse.google.com/cse/all. You'll get a list of custom search engines if you have already created. If you haven't created yet, follow the steps.
- Click the Add button to add a new search engine:
- In the Sites to search field, specify
*.google.com. This will allow your custom search engine to search the results in the entire Google domain. You can also create a custom search engine for individual web pages, an entire website, or parts of it. Read the section marked in green for more information:
- Give a name to your custom search engine such as Testing engine. Click the CREATE button. Your search engine has been successfully created:
- Now, click the Get code button. You'll get the script of your search engine. In the script, the ID after the
cx=function is your search engine ID:
- Copy this and paste it in the Search Engine ID field of the Connect to Google Custom Search window.
- To get the API, go to Programmable Search Engine and click the Get a Key button. The Enable Custom Search API window will pop up. Select a project or create a new one if you don't have:
- Then, click the NEXT button. Your API key will be right in front of you:
- Copy the key using the copy icon and paste it in the API key field of the Connect to Google Custom Search window:
- Click the Link account button. Your Google Custom Search service will get connected successfully.
Note: The Search Engine ID of pre-created search engines can be found by simply clicking on them in the Edit search engines section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.