This article demonstrates how to establish a connection between Okta and Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 3 minutes
- Okta account
To connect your Okta account with Quickwork, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork and choose the Okta app from the App drop-down field under the Steps section.
- Choose an action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a new connection.
- The Connect to Okta window will pop up containing the Sign-in URL and API key fields:
- Now, log in to your Okta account. To log in, you'll need to specify the subdomain e.g., demo-123 in the mycompany text area. Okta asks you to create this subdomain while signing in for the first time:
- Click the Submit button and then specify the registered email address and password to log in successfully.
- To specify the Sign-in URL, look at the web URL of your Okta console. The URL would be like https://YOUR_SUBDOMAIN.okta.com. Copy and paste it in the Sign-in URL field of the Connect to Okta window:
- Now, navigate to API > Tokens on the Okta console and click the Create Token button:
- A pop-up window will ask you to enter the name for the API key you wish to generate:
- Specify the name and click the Create Token button. Another window will pop up displaying the API key:
- Copy this key and paste it in the API key field of the Connect to Okta window. Once you close this pop-up window, you won't be able to access the key again:
- Click the Link account button. Your Okta account will get connected successfully.