This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of WhatsApp by Gupshup with Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 4 minutes
- WhatsApp by Gupshup account
- An app in the Gupshup account
- Credits in the Gupshup account
How to establish a connection with WhatsApp by Gupshup
You can click the following preview to watch a video of this article or continue with the guided walk-through:
Visit Gupshup's WhatsApp Dashboard and sign in using any of the Single Sign-On accounts.
- Click on the Settings icon of the app that you that to connect with Quickwork:
- Scroll to the extreme bottom of the web page and copy the App name, API key, and Source number:
- Go to Quickwork and choose the WhatsApp by Gupshup app from the App drop-down field in the Trigger section.
- Select the trigger event that you want to perform.
- To establish a connection, click on Link an account and enter the copied App name, API key, and Source number:
- Click the Link account button to make a successful connection. Your connection will get established successfully.
Now, specify a random name for the trigger/action event in the Event name field, say demo. As soon as you do this, Quickwork will return a Callback Webhook URL as shown in the following figure:
Click the Copy URL button.
Go to your app created in Gupshup account and search for the Callback URL / Link your Bot section. Turn the toggle button ON, paste the copied callback URL in Enter your Callback URL field, and click Set:
- Now the messages are ready to flow between WhatsApp and Conversation Management. and Quickwork is ready to notify you whenever a new text message or media is received via WhatsApp by Gupshup.
This will allow you to have visibility on the conversations between WhatsApp users, the bot, and human support agents.