This article demonstrates how to establish a connection between IBM Watson NLU and Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 5 minutes
- IBM Watson account
- An active Natural Language Understanding service in your IBM Watson account
How to establish a connection with IBM Watson NLU
You can click the following preview to watch a video of this article or continue with the guided walk-through:
To connect your IBM Watson NLU service with Quickwork, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork and choose the IBM Watson NLU service from the App drop-down field under the Steps section.
- Choose an action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to IBM Watson NLU window will pop-up asking you to enter the API Key and Location of your IBM Watson NLU service:
- Let's connect an existing NLU service of your IBM Watson account with Quickwork. Log in to your IBM Watson account and click the Services and software option on your dashboard under the Resource summary heading:
- In the Resource list window, click the Natural Language Understanding service under Services and software. Also, make a note of the location as we need to specify it in the Connect to IBM Watson NLU window:
- In the Natural Language Understanding window, click the Service credentials tab on the left-hand side panel. Expand the service credentials by clicking the down arrow and copy the API key as highlighted:
- Paste the key in the API key field and select the service location from the drop-down menu, which we have noted previously:
- Now click the Link account button. Your IBM Watson NLU service is connected successfully.