This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of JIRA with Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 3 minutes
- Atlassian account
- Atleast one JIRA dashboard in Atlassian account
To connect your JIRA account with Quickwork, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork and choose the JIRA app from the App drop-down field under the Event or Steps section.
- Choose a trigger or action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to JIRA window will pop up asking you to enter the user name, API token, and subdomain of your JIRA account:
- Enter the email address using which you sign in to your Atlassian account in the User Name field.
- To get the API token and subdomain, log in to your Atlassian account using Google, Microsoft, or Apple account. Switch to Jira Software by clicking the matrix icon:
- Now, click on the profile icon located at the top right-hand side corner of the screen and select the Account settings option from the drop-down list:
- You'll be redirected to the new tab. Click Security on the left-hand side panel and scroll down the page to search for the API token section. Click the Create and manage API tokens link:
- The API Tokens window will appear. It contains a list of all the API tokens generated earlier. If not, you can create one by clicking the Create API token button. Click it:
- A small dialog box will pop up asking you to label the API token. Specify any random name of your choice and click the Create button. Your API token will get generated in no time. However, the token will be masked for security reasons. Click the eye icon to view it:
- Click the Copy button and paste the key in the API token field of the Connect to JIRA window.
- To get the subdomain, have a closer look at the web URL of your JIRA account. If your URL is https://id.atlassian.net, then the id is your subdomain. Specify it in the Subdomain field:
- Click the Link account button. Your JIRA account is now successfully connected with Quickwork.