This article demonstrates how to establish a connection of Amazon S3 with Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Intermediate
Time required: 6 minutes
- AWS console account
- Atleast one user in IAM console
To connect your Amazon S3 account with Quickwork, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork and choose the Amazon S3 app from the App drop-down field under the Steps section.
- Choose an action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to Amazon S3 window will pop up asking you to enter the Access key ID, Secret access key, Region, and Restrict to Bucket (optional) of your Amazon S3 account:
- To get these credentials, log in to your AWS console account. You'll be on the AWS Management Console dashboard. Click the Services tab on the toolbar and select IAM from the Security, Identity, & Compliance section:
- You'll be redirected to the Identity and Access Management window. Under the IAM Resources table, click the Users link:
- You'll get a list of users. If you are yet to create a user, please do so by clicking the Add user key. Click on any of the user names to proceed further:
- In the Summary window, switch to the Security credentials tab and scroll down the page to search for the Access keys section. Here, you'll get a list of Access key ID if generated previously. However, the secret access key is hidden for security issues. To get it, click the Create access key button:
Note: If you are unable to click the button, delete any one of the existing access key IDs by clicking the cross mark icon.
- The secret access key gets generated. Please make a note of it as you cannot recover them later. Click the Show button to view the secret access key :
- Copy this Access key ID and Secret access key and paste them in the relevant fields of the Connect to Amazon S3 window.
- Now, to get the region, have a closer look at your IAM Console URL. If your URL is https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/home?region=ap-south-1#, then ap-south-1 is your region. Specify the same in the Region field.
- Specify whether you want to restrict the connection to a specific S3 bucket in the Restric to bucket field:
- Once done specifying all the inputs, click the Link account button. Your Amazon S3 account will get connected successfully.