This article demonstrates how to establish a connection between Freshchat and Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 5 minutes
- Freshworks account
- An activated Freshchat account
- An app in Freshchat account
To connect your Freshchat account with Quickwork, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork and choose the Freshchat app from the App drop-down field under the Trigger or Steps section.
- Choose a trigger or action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a connection.
- The Connect to Freshchat window will pop-up asking you to enter the API key, App ID, and Server region of your Freshchat account:
- To get the key, log in to your Freshworks account that has a Freshchat account that you have created.
Note: You'll need a domain name to log in to Freshworks. Specify https://YOUR_DOMAIN_NAME.freshworks.com/login in the web browser.
- You'll be taken to the Freshworks dashboard. Click the matrix icon at the bottom-left of the screen and select your Freshchat account:
- You'll be taken to a new tab where you can see the Freshchat account dashboard right in front of you. Click the gear icon on the left panel and select the API TOKENS option:
- In the API Tokens window, you'll get the API key of your account. If you haven't generated, click the Generate Token button to do so:
- Copy this key and paste it in the API key field of the Connect to Freshchat window.
- Now, to get the App ID, click the gear icon and select the ACCOUNT SETTINGS option:
- Click the Integration Settings option. In the AGENT MESSENGER window, you'll get the App ID:
- Copy this ID and paste it in the App ID field of the Connect to Freshchat window. In the Server region field, select the country from where you are operating the account:
- Click the Link account button. Your Freshchat account will get connected successfully.
Setting the webhook URL
- Once you have established the Freshchat connection in the Trigger section successfully, the Event input field will open automatically.
- Specify a unique random name for your trigger event in this field. After specifying, as soon as you click outside the input field, Quickwork generates a webhook URL of your trigger event:
- Copy this webhook URL and go to your Freshchat account. Click the gear icon and select the WEBHOOKS option:
- Toggle ON the webhooks option and paste the URL in the Webhook field. Then click the Save button:
- Freshchat trigger event is now ready to listen to any upcoming events and notify you for the same.
Note: Setting a webhook URL is applicable to triggers only.