This article demonstrates how to establish a connection between ERPNext and Quickwork.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 3 minutes
- ERPNext account
- ERPNext subdomain (frappe instance)
To connect your ERPNext account with Quickwork, follow these steps:
- Go to Quickwork and choose the ERPNext app from the App drop-down field under the Steps section.
- Choose an action of your choice.
- Click on the Link an account button to establish a new connection.
- The Connect to ERPNext window will pop up containing the ERP Next instance domain, API key, API secret fields:
- To get these credentials, log in to your ERPNext account. To specify the frappe instance subdomain, take a closer look at the web URL of your ERPNext account. If your URL is https://memeboi123.erpnext.com/, then memeboi123 is your ERP Next instance domain.
- You'll be taken to the ERPNext dashboard. Click on the Settings drop-down menu located at the top-right corner beside the search bar:
- Then, scroll down the My Settings window and click the down arrow beside the API ACCESS tab. Click the Generate Keys button:
- The API secret key will be generated in a pop-up window. Please take note of it as the secret won't be accessible once you close the pop-up window. Then refresh the My Settings window and visit the API ACCESS tab again. You'll get the API key as well:
- Copy these keys and paste them in the relevant fields of the Connect to ERPNext window in Quickwork:
- Click the Link account button. Your ERPNext account will get connected successfully.