This article demonstrates how to categorize a patient's condition for the diagnosis of COVID-19 on symptoms produced.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Intermediate
Time required: 4 minutes
- Scheduler by Quickwork as a trigger--for triggering the journey
- Infermedica: Action
- Knowledge of COVID-19 symptoms
What is COVID-19 and what are its symptoms
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Its roots were found in a laboratory in Wuhan city, China in December 2019. The virus soon turned into a pandemic resulting in lockdown and force shut for almost a complete year of 2020. Around 20.4 million have been infected and 745K have been sworn to death, mostly mid 40's and elder people.
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
Some of the most severe symptoms produced are chest pain, exacerbating with deep breath or cough.
With reference to this symptom, let's determine whether a patient is diagnosed with COVID-19 or not.
Configuring a trigger
- Under the Event section, choose the Scheduler by Quickwork app from the drop-down menu in the Apps list.
- Select the trigger event, New scheduled event, from the drop-down menu in the Trigger Event field.
- Set the Interval for One day as we need to fetch the breaking news on a daily basis.
- Set the date and time of your choice in the Start at field and keep the Custom payload field empty:
Configuring Infermedica action
- Under the Steps section, choose the Infermedica service from the drop-down menu in the App field.
- Select the Triage COVID-19 action from the drop-down menu in the Action field.
- Click the Link an account button to create a new connection for your Infermedica account. You can use an existing connection if you have one.
- In the Sex input field, specify male, female, or other in lowercase.
- Specify the age of the patient in the Age field. E.g., 25:
- In the Evidence data block, you need to specify an ID of a symptom that a patient has developed. You can add n number of IDs for n number of symptoms produced.
- As we are diagnosing patients for the symptom chest pain, exacerbating with deep breath or cough, specify s_30 in the Id field. Click here to get a list of symptoms with IDs that Infermedica supports.
- In the Choice Id field, specify present, absent, or unknown; depicting the state of the symptom:
- You can click the Add New Item button to provide more symptom IDs.
Executing the journey
Save the changes in a journey and click the Save & Start button. You'll be taken to the History tab automatically. Click on the journey ID that just got executed. In the Steps section, click the Infermedica action bar to expand and switch to the Output tab to see the output:
The condition of the patient is serious and needs medical attention for diagnosis of COVID-19 immediately.