This article demonstrates a journey to get the details of a specific media post published on your Instagram business account.
What you'll need:
Skill level: Intermediate
Time required: 5 minutes
- Facebook page linked with the Instagram business account. Click here to know more.
- Instagram business account
- New media - Trigger of the Instagram app
- Get media - Action of the Instagram app
Configuring a trigger
Log in to your Quickwork account and create a new journey. Follow these steps to configure the New media trigger:
- Under the Event section, choose the Instagram app in the Apps list.
- Select the trigger event, New media, from the drop-down menu in the Triggers list.
- For authorizing Instagram, select an existing connection from the drop-down or create a new connection. To create a new one, click the Link an account button and specify the Facebook Page ID linked with your Instagram business account. Click here to know how to connect Instagram with Quickwork:
- Upon successful connection establishment, the Account name field will pop up. Select the name of your Instagram business account linked with the Facebook page:
Your trigger is configured successfully. It will listen to each media post published on the specified Instagram Business account at a time interval of 1 minute.
Configuring an action
Follow these steps to configure the Get media action:
- Under the Steps section, click on Simple Action. Choose the Instagram app from the drop-down menu in the Apps list.
- Select the Get media action from the drop-down menu in the Actions list.
- The same Instagram account will get connected automatically as done for the trigger in the above section.
- The Media ID input field will open up, drag and drop the
Iddata pill from the output of the New media trigger under the App Data tree:
- The Get media action is configured successfully and is now ready to give the details of the media posts fetched by the New media trigger.
Now click the Save Changes button and start your journey.
Testing the journey
Post an image on your Instagram Business account linked with the Facebook page of which ID you specified while establishing the connection. The New media trigger will listen to the post uploaded and will revert with a successful journey execution under the History section:
Click the journey ID and scroll to the Steps section. Click the action name and switch to the Output tab:
You can now see the details of a media uploaded recently to your Instagram Business account. It shows the number of likes, comments, media ID, media URL, and time when the media was uploaded.
Please sign in to leave a comment.